Abbreviations:CFF (Critical Flicker Frequency Test), CRT (Continuous Reaction Time Test), EEG (Electro Encephalography), ICT (Inhibitory Control Task Test), MHE (Minimal Hepatic Encephalopathy), PHES (Portosystemic Hepatic Encephalopathy Score), TIPS (Transhepatic Intrajugular Portosystemic Shunt)
Choosing a Test for MHE
Which Patients Should We Offer Testing and Treatment for MHE?
- Gluud L.L.
- Vilstrup H.
- Morgan M.Y.
Conflicts of Interest
- Hepatic encephalopathy treatment and driving: a continental divide.J Hepatol. 2015;
- Testing for minimal hepatic encephalopathy in the United States: an AASLD survey.Hepatology. 2007; 45: 833-834
- A survey of patterns of practice and perception of minimal hepatic encephalopathy: a nationwide survey in India.Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20: 304-308
- Hepatic encephalopathy in chronic liver disease: 2014 Practice Guideline by the American Association for the Study Of Liver Diseases and the European Association for the Study of the Liver.Hepatology. 2014; 60: 715-735
- Hepatic encephalopathy treatment and its effect on driving abilities: a continental divide.J Hepatol. 2015; 63: 287-288
- The animal naming test: an easy tool for the assessment of hepatic encephalopathy.Hepatology. 2017;
- Diagnosis of covert hepatic encephalopathy without specialized tests.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014; 12 (e2): 1384-1389
- Validation of EncephalApp, smartphone-based Stroop test, for the diagnosis of covert hepatic encephalopathy.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 13 (e1): 1828-1835
- Diagnosis of minimal hepatic encephalopathy using Stroop EncephalApp: a multicenter US-based, norm-based study.Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111: 78-86
- Differential behavioral effects in frontal lobe disease.Neuropsychologia. 1968; 6: 53-60
- The effect of treatment for hepatic encephalopathy with nonabsorbable disaccarides on morbidity and mortality in patients with cirrhosis: systematic review and meta-analysis.in: Jalan R. EASL International Liver Congress 2015; Vienna. ILC 2015 Absctract Book: EASL. 2015: 175
- The continuous reaction time test for minimal hepatic encephalopathy validated by a randomized controlled multi-modal intervention—a pilot study.PLOS ONE. 2017; 12: e0185412
- Characteristics, risk factors, and mortality of cirrhotic patients hospitalized for hepatic encephalopathy with and without acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF).J Hepatol. 2014; 60: 275-281
- Cognitive dysfunction in cirrhosis is associated with falls: a prospective study.Hepatology. 2012; 55: 1922-1930
- Minimal hepatic encephalopathy is associated with motor vehicle crashes: the reality beyond the driving test.Hepatology. 2009; 50: 1175-1183